Mazen turned 8 months old on May 7 (which means he’s nearly 9 months old!!!) All of a sudden he just seemed to learn all these amazing new tricks:
1) Rocking on all fours and sitting up from all fours. Two things we never thought would happen given his hatred for tummy time!
2) Early stages of crawling. He’s not “blazing across the carpet crawling,” but he can move on all fours.
And climb on everything low to the ground.
And roll everywhere!
3) And STANDING! Ahhh this caught me off guard the first time I saw it on the monitor. How the heck did he do that!?
4) Tugging my shirt to nurse. The first time he did this I was in awe: he was communicating! He doesn’t do it all the time, but sometimes he’ll climb up on me and put his face into my chest and I know what he’s after.
5) Giving kisses. If I am holding him and say “Gimmeakiss!” he turns his mouth to my cheek and leans in. So sweet. This might be the first time he’s shown that he understands words. That and the time I said “I am going to change your diaper” and he burst into tears ; )
6) Feeding himself. Despite loving to chew on things, he didn’t really know to put food into his mouth. He could pinch bites and wave them around, but they went no where near the mouth. One day I just forced his hand in there to show him (sort of against his resistance) and that was all it took. The next day it was Cheerio after Cheerio to the mouth and now we’ve been practicing with other fun finger foods and even a small banana.
7) Dropping his 5pm nap. I had a feeling he could go without it, although he still fell asleep whenever we put him down for one. But I shifted he’s mid-day nap back a little and bedtime up to 7:30 (from 8:30) and now we have two naps – at 9 and 2ish – that each last 1-1.5 hours.
8) Wrestling matches for diaper changes. Around the time that he started to want to crawl he decided he HATED diaper changes. Ugh – what a struggle!! Stinky little bean.
Still no upper teeth!
Newborn \\ Now